Play well with others! Join the Ukestra ensemble and be part of a unique opportunity to play parts of orchestrated pieces with other ukulele players! In the process, improve your timing and knowledge of music theory. Ukestra is inclusive and has parts for beginner (Base Level), intermediate and advanced (see descriptions).
It’s highly recommended and preferred that students have low G strings on their ukuleles.
Class Schedule Breakdown:
Classes run from February 20 – May 15 (no class May 8), culminating in a performance in our MCMA Recital May 29.
8 classes will be delivered by instructors, 4 classes will be self-led sectional rehearsals.
**Classes can be paid either in full, or in two installments (please see buttons below)**
Definition of Levels
- Know most of chords in C, F and G chord families, some exposure to minor and 7th chords
- Basic understanding of musical notation, tablature, chord charts
- Eg. 4/4 and 3/4 time signature, note durations
- Can strum to 4/4 and 3/4 time
- Some fingerpicking and arpeggios
Intermediate (In addition to Base Level skills):
- In addition to Base Level chords, knowledge of A, D, and Bb chord families, minor and 7th chords
- Good understanding of musical notation, tablature, chord charts, close to sight reading
- Can strum more than 4/4 and 3/4 time – on beat/off beat, exposure to syncopated rhythms
- Can play some scales (C, F and pentatonic), pick some melodies
Advanced (In addition to Base and Intermediate Level skills)
- All of the above and more…
Not sure what level you are at? Send us an email and we will have one of the instructors contact you to assess your skill level.
**As this class is in-person, we will require proof of full vaccination at the first lesson.**