01 Sep We can’t wait to welcome you back!
The MCMA Faculty and Staff are so excited to welcome you back to another year of musical discovery! Some of you are entering our building for the first time, and some of you have been away for a year. Some of you realized through the pandemic that music was missing in your life, and you needed to get back to it. We are happy to see all of you, and are ready to hear music in our building once again! Haven’t registered yet? Not to worry! Give us a call at 204-988-7650 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your new year of lessons.
In case you have questions about any of this information, feel free to give the office a call, or email us at email@example.com. We’re here to help! Don’t know who is in the office? Meet our staff members:
Shannon Gallagher | Student Services Clerk | Saturdays
Nathan Hoehne | Student Services Clerk | Tuesdays & Thursdays
Asia Reyes | Student Services Clerk | Mondays & Wednesdays
Sarah Witiuk | Student Services Administrator
Gina Avillanoza | Finance Administrator
Sydney Clarke | Marketing Coordinator
Domanie Schadek | Outreach Coordinator
Norine Harty | Executive Director
To keep our community safe, MCMA will be implementing the following guidelines:
- Everyone entering our building is asked to complete the Shared Health MB’s self-screening tool before attending lessons. Please find it HERE
- If you are feeling sick, please STAY HOME. Call the office if you are unable to attend your lesson due to illness or isolation requirements, virtual lessons may be accommodated by your teacher.
- Masks are REQUIRED in all public areas, as per the University of Winnipeg mandate
- Studios and common areas will be on an enhanced cleaning schedule
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available in all studios, as well as at the building entrances/exits
- Studios will be marked with physically distanced spaces for teachers/students
- HEPA grade air purifiers have been installed in each studio to ensure appropriate air return for each space
- Plexiglass shields have been installed in studios for voice and winds & brass in order to diminish droplet spread
- MCMA staff and teachers working on site are required to be fully vaccinated.
**To read the full set of guidelines, visit our website
What do I do when I get to the MCMA Building for my lessons?
It has been a while since we’ve been back for in-person lessons. That’s why we want to share some of the new processes in place within our building for the upcoming year. Bryce Hall, as all U of W buildings, are locked to the public. When you arrive at the building, press the call button on the intercom to the right of the Bryce Hall doors. Identify yourself to security, and the purpose of your visit (music lesson), and they will buzz you in. If you have any problems gaining access to the building, please call the office at 204-988-7650.
Once in the building, please check in at our Student Services office (1B01 Bryce Hall), and our Student Services Clerk, will be happy to guide you to your teacher’s studio for your first lesson.
Have you heard about SafeWalk? During evening hours (6 –10pm) you can call the UW Security desk and request an escort to your vehicle (within a 1-block radius). You can ask the office to call this service for you after your lesson, or call 204-786-9272
You can still enjoy all the same perks that come with being an MCMA student:
- Use of Practice Studios—Call ahead to book a time!
- Performance Opportunities – talk to your teacher about signing up for a recital, or get involved with Music Equals Outreach to perform alongside MCMA faculty members! Stop at the desk and ask us how to get involved.
- Free Workshops!
- Refer a Friend program – encourage a friend to enroll at MCMA and receive a $50 tuition credit!
- Did you know that the MCMA puts on student recitals 8 times a year?
- Recitals are a great way to motivate yourself to polish your repertoire, gain performance experience, and share music with your family, friends and fellow students.
- To sign up, talk to your teacher. Each student may perform one selection (per discipline) not exceeding 5 minutes.
- Deadlines for Recital Sign-ups are 1 week before the recital date, so plan ahead with your teacher to participate!