WHO participates in the Outreach program?
- Each week over 350 children from Winnipeg’s inner city have the opportunity to learn an instrument through the Inner City Strings, Rock and Community Bursary programs. Without these programs most of these children would never have the chance to try, let alone learn, to play an instrument
- Any student who is interested is given a chance to learn
- Eighty percent (80%) of the students are First Nations and a growing number of students are new Canadians
- All students face barriers to accessing a music education (economic, social or geographic).
- In the words of one of the students, “I never knew I could play until I tried.”