What does Music Equal? For the audience, music equals happiness and enjoyment. for instructors, music may equal pride and satisfaction. For the young people participating in the program, music can equal hard work, achievement…. and success! Our Music Equals outreach programs ensure students facing barriers to music can still play.
- The objectives of the program are: 1) provide music opportunities for the students to bring the joy and empowerment of music to underserved communities 2) encourage growth, creativity and expression through music & 3) build a community through music.
- The outreach program provides excellent instruction, instruments & a safe place to practice & learn.
- The Music Equals Rock program partners with Rossbrook House offering music education to students at the elementary & junior high level. All children receive instruction on guitar, drums & keyboard, & are encouraged to sing if they choose.
- Partnering with Inkster, Strathcona, Wellington & William Whyte schools in the Winnipeg School Division, the Music Equals Strings program introduces elementary school students to the violin in an ensemble setting, supplemented with one-on-one instruction. As part of their commitment & belief in the program, the schools have invested in instruments for the programs.
- The Music Equals Bursary program provides bursary seats in group classes taking place at the Conservatory. Bursary students learn alongside students who pay for lessons. Outside of the Conservatory, there may be differences between where these students live and what they can or cannot buy, but during music class, they are all musicians learning & working together. One of the most extraordinary outcomes of the program is seeing these students form new friendships & experience a sense of belonging within the Conservatory & the music community.
- The Valour Rocks program provides a safe and creative outlet for young people to express their emotions and share their dreams through music. Instruments and instruction provided and the young people provide the creativity and